Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bookfairs and craziness... OHMY!



 I have been a very busy Crazy Book Lady lately.  Last Sunday we had the bookfair at St. Paul's Lutheran School in New Ulm, MN.  It went AMAZING!!!  Saturday night we set up for two hours.  (We being my husband and I.)  Have I mentioned that he is amazing lately?  He hauled all my books for me and was a tremendous help!!  He gives great advice and is super supportive.  After 2 hours of setting up I was thrilled with the display.  It was attractive and functional. 
Toddler Books
Younger Chapter Books
Educational Science/History/Geography
Older chapter books
Activity Books


 I was thrilled with how it looked!!  Don't you agree!!  I have to admit I was terribly nervous.  Whatif no one came? Whatif no one liked me?  Whatif no one wanted to buy books for the school? 

Well.... Boy I had no reason to worry!  It was fabulously!  We got there early and were making finishing touches on the display when the Principal came in.  I could tell he was impressed with the display, the selection of books and the books themselves.  I showed him the Awesome Wish list Posters I made for the each teacher. (Pictures to follow!) and told him how the wishlists worked.  

Then it happened.... People started to come!  LOTS OF THEM!!!  We ended up serving 310 people a wonderful Hamburger lunch with all the sides.  The free will donation went to the school's playground fund.  I haven't heard the amount donated yet but I peeked in the donation box and saw lots of $20.00 bills!! :) Yeah!!  The lunch was provided by Tim Reinke and the Thrivent Financial.  Tim also provided Educational Seminars on money and spending for Parents, Teens and Pre-teens.

In 3 and a half hours we sold $1400.00 in books!! I am thrilled and amazed with how well it went.  I had such high hopes for this event and couldn't have asked for it to go any better.

I met some new little friends and introduced them to the Whatif Monster!

And showed them the AMAZING books that I love with every fiber of my being!!

What a great day!!  I can't wait to deliver a ton of amazing books to a school that deserves it so much!!  When we were almost done packing up my husband and I were talking about how well the event went.  He gave me a squeeze and told me how proud he was of me. :)  *Cherry on top of my Sundae!!*

1 comment: