Friday, December 21, 2012

New Camera for me please!


I broke down and bought myself a new camera last night.  I love technology. (Remember, I'm a geek!)  Especially cameras.  I bought the Nikon 1.  I chose the white one.  I think it's very sleek and sexy.   My old camera wasn't zooming in/out anymore correctly and the lens reaction time was terribly slow.  I'm going to do some checking and see if there are any warranty left on it.  I think I only had it 18 months.  Anyways.... on to bigger and better!
I did a little research before hand and this was a great informational video I found. I like that it is set up for inexperienced photographers.  I don't know how to use a lot of the fancy features.   I'm hoping to test it out this weekend and see what I think.  I have a tripod and am hoping this will mount on there as well.  I have some more of the manual to read tonight.


What kind of a camera do you have?  What specific features do you look for?  I take a lot of action pictures so this camera has to react fast.  The specifications from the website state it can take 10 frames per second.  Hopefully that will work well for pictures of Nick at Basket ball.  He just rolls his eyes when he catches me taking his picture.  Some day he will appreciate these.

Speaking of Nick.  He is a Sophmore already.  Can you believe that!  Before I know it we'll be planning a graduation party for him.  Can you imagine!?!  I'm thinking it's time to get started organizing some albums so that I'm not down to the wire and in a time crunch.  The pictures below were taken with my iPhone.  Not great quality but better than nothing.

Nick's All Conference Team 2012 (Nick is in the Back Middle)

All Conference Team as they were announced at the opening of the tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment