Thursday, March 14, 2013

Whooo Whooo

My Grandma Rist loved owls.  I remember her having lots of owl wall hangings in the upstairs when I stayed with her.  I'm sure I rolled my eyes at them then and took them down.  Hindsight is twenty-twenty, right?!?  Oyiii if I knew then what I know now.

Owls have come back into fashion it seems and you see them everywhere.  I just feel in love with this fabric when I saw it at Joanne's.  John and I made a trip over to Mankato on Valentines Day.  It was fun looking through all the fabric.  I am so tired of Winter and I long for Spring.  This fabric is SPRING! 

I am learning how to quilt.  In my daily conversations this topic has come up.  I've gotten some very interesting reactions.  My co-worker Victor looked at me bankly and said "why?"  I took this as him thinking I was nuts.  I also found out some of my friends and coworkers know how to sew and some of them want to learn.  It was interesting to hear what people have made in the past.  Also, why they do or do not sew anymore.

It has been fun to share my experience with my Mom too.  She is a very skilled seamstress.  She doesn't sew as much as she has in the past.  Last night her and I were at the fabric store together.  I showed her the squares I had done so far.  She commented on how night they were.  I have to admit my heart swelled. 

 Here is what I have accomplished so far.





 Are you working on any projects?  I would love to hear about them.  Please leave me a note in the comments!!  Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment