Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daycare Love!

I am interested in helping out the local day cares in New Ulm with some Story Time.  My kids went to daycare from the time they were 6-7 weeks old until they went to school and I know how crazy the day can be at day care.  I have had an amazing time reading at St. Paul's School and Madelia Elementary.  It finally dawned on me... Why stop there!?! 

I enjoy myself as much as the kids do. Watching them get excited about the story.  Totally worth it!!

Yesterday I went and visited a day care in New Ulm.  Maggie was one of the first in-home day cares I thought of when I started thinking about this project.  She has been doing day care a long time and has an amazing set up in her house just for her day care kids.  I know she loves Usborne books and has two great kids who love them too!!  I ran into Maggie at an event for the Just For Kix Dance Program that her daughter and Amanda are both in. I mentioned my interest in coming to read at her day care and she immediately said yes.

 Yesterday I read 3 books to the kids:
 
Gobble, Gobble Moo Tractor book by Jaz Alborough
Gobble, Gobble Moo Tractor Book by Jez Alborough
Jonathan James and the Whatif Monster by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt

Whatif Monster Plush came along too!!
A Little Vikes Football Story

 The kids had a great time and were great listeners!!  Oh the fun we had!!









When I was done I left Maggie with a copy of our New January Catalog so she can browse all the new titles.  I also left her with mini-catalogs for the parents and our Home and School Flyers.  Maggie will be earning free books based on all the parents orders.  Everybody loves FREE Books!!




Are you interested in having me read at your daycare?!  I'd love to come over and visit.  I am working hard to keep my visit limited to 30 minutes and am flexible when I can come.  I will work around your schedule.  Give me a shout and let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment